Formed in High Wycombe in 1989, TVBWG is an established and successful business support, learning and networking forum for businesswomen. TVBWG was formed so women could meet like-minded people, share ideas, advice & support, network, make friends and learn ways to expand and improve their business, as well as creating sales opportunities. Today, TVBWG has many long-standing members who not only work together, but have become close friends too!
TVBWG meet every month with interactive sessions and specialised speakers, and participants are encouraged to liaise, work and socialise together in-between meetings with informal meetings, through the website and our social media forums on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. We also hold Business Fayres, Summer and Christmas Social events and create events/ideas to support local, national and international charities.
Meetings are mainly held at The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), Moor Hall, Cookham. We meet from 7.00pm for networking and start the meeting promptly at 7.30pm. Tea & Coffee will be available during meetings and attendees are welcome to meet and enjoy drinks in the CIM bar from 6pm and after meetings.
How to Join
We welcome all ladies who are interested in what we have to offer. Although most members run their own businesses, employees are also welcome to join and ladies thinking of starting their own business. The emphasis is on a team spirit and mutual support … it is not primarily a business exchange forum.
Membership of the Thames Valley Business Women’s Group is currently £60 per year.
- A Member’s Account in the Directory on the website to include your biography, business details, successes and to post your News.
- Use of Members List for email-shots and promotions to other Members as well as over 150 pre-qualified other businesswomen in the Thames Valley.
- Free Meetings, most with Specialist Speakers.
- Free and Open Networking evenings to socialise and forge business relations and friendships.
- Member Social Events and Business Fayres.
- Joining and contributing discussions at the TVBWG forums on LinkedIn, facebook and Twitter.
- Notification of business referrals and opportunities pre-qualified by the TVBWG committee.
- Advice, Encouragement and Networking aplenty with NO Strings Attached!
Non-members are very welcome to attend our meetings at a cost of £10 per meeting and we do ask that if after attending 2 meetings you would like to continue, you make a commitment to join. At this time guest fees paid will be deducted, pro-rata, from the £60 subscription fee. Payments can be made by cash or cheque at meetings, with cheques payable to TVBWG.
“Hi Nicky, Thanks for a very good meeting on Monday evening. Because of you and the other committee members meetings are always enjoyable and informative. TVBWG has lovely members who are very friendly and welcoming. I am glad to belong to such a positive group.” Marjorie Macaulay, D J Macaulay Accountancy Ltd, Taplow. January 2012